Cleveland, Ohio, 2011
Located at Cleveland's new Steelyard Commons retail development, the Steelyard Heritage Center provides a dynamic cultural experience for shoppers and visitors to the nearby Towpath. The center features hands-on exhibits developed by InterActive Group that invite visitors to explore the area's rich steel heritage.
The exhibits in the renovated former mill building will tell the history of steelmaking in Cleveland and give a hands-on introduction to how steel is mode and turned into the familiar products we use everyday.
Drawing on archives at the Western Reserve Historical Society and actual mill artifacts, the exhibits engage visitors with:
- How raw iron ore is turned into finished twenty-ton rolls of steel.
- Immersive video and special effects illustrating the sights and sounds of steelmaking.
- Interactively mixing iron's ingredients in a giant blast furnace at "It's All in the Recipe."
- A panoramic look at steelmaking in Cleveland then and now.
- "Did You Know?", which takes a fun look at everyday products made with rolled steel.