Grambling, Louisiana, 2010
InterActive Group was honored to be able to make the new Eddie G. Robinson Museum on the campus of Grambling State University a reality for so many friends, family, former players and fans that wanted to pay tribute to a legendary coach and American. Growing up in a time when blacks could not even attend a college football game, many were skeptical of the young Robinson’s dream of coaching one day. Not only did he succeed in his dream, he became an important role model for the young black men on his team. His legacy continues, not only in the museum we created, but in the lives of each person he touched.
InterActive Group, in collaboration with Exhibits, Etc., developed this hands-on museum, spanning the life and accomplishments of the legendary Coach Robinson. A former women’s gym on Grambling’s campus provided a unique location to house the memorial museum. In addition to exploring Coach Robinson’s unequaled reward on the field, visitors discover how Robinson was a coach in life as well.
While you visit the Eddie G. Robinson Musuem:
- Surround yourself in the events that shaped Eddie Robinson's life and outlook.
- Watch Coach Robinson and President Jones' plan for Grambling football unfold into better than expected results.
- Experience the truly entertaining Grambling State University Tiger Marching Band.
- Meet the over-200 players Robinson sent to the NFL.
- Discover the innovative ways Robinson gained recognition for Grambling.
- Visit with Coach in his office.
- Practice your football skills as Coach yells encouraging instruction.