Jacksonville, Florida, 2004
At the Art Connections interactive gallery, visitors learn by doing as they explore fundamental concepts of creativity, art history and appreciation for the museum’s collection. Reproduced works from the museum enhance the exhibit learning experience and encourage visitors to explore the museum’s galleries.
The innovative exhibits appeal to visitors of all ages and are popular with children, families, and adults. The gallery’s incorporation of state education standards creates unique partnership opportunities with school classes. The learning-based exhibit activities are designed to invite participation by visitors with disabilities.
In this informal educational setting visitors can:
- Digitally create a large-scale painting while composing music.
- Learn the rich history of the museum and its gardens.
- Walk through an interactive timeline of creativity in the arts.
- Mix paint colors at an interactive color wheel.
- Make rubbings with elements drawn from the museum's collection.